Rams prep for season opener vs. Wagner on Sept. 1
Bronx, N.Y. – Even though it’s early August, summer is over for members of the 2022 Fordham University football team as the Rams opened their fall camp today on Murphy Field.
Fifth-year head coach Joe Conlin guided the Rams through a two-hour workout as they prepare for the 2022 season opener on September 1 when Fordham travels to Staten Island to face the Wagner College Seahawks at 6:00 p.m.
Some notes from today’s practice:
• The Rams practiced with helmets only and will do the same tomorrow and Friday. Saturday will be the first day of shoulder pads while the first day of full pads will be on Tuesday.
• Practices will be held on Murphy Field until the Jack Coffey Field renovation is complete.
• A few veterans changed uniform numbers with wide receiver Fotis Kokosioulis moving from number 82 to 1, and wide out MJ Wright swapping number 23 for 2, and wide receiver Cole Thornton switched from 81 to 6.
• There were many new faces on Jack Coffey Field today with over 25 freshmen taking part in their first collegiate practice.
• There were also a lot of experiences faces at practice today as 12 Rams are taking advantage of a fifth year.
• Three former Rams are currently in NFL training camps (Chase Edmonds, Dolphins; Nick Zakelj, 49ers; and Dylan Mabin, Saint).
• Season tickets for the 2022 home season are now on sale through the Fordham Athletic Ticket Office.